Clinics and NCCP Certification
Upcoming Coaching Clinics are listed on the ALA website CLICK HERE
Professional Coach Development Opportunities
There are several recommended online coaching courses that coaches of any level can complete at any time on The Locker which will enhance your knowledge as a coach, and help you bring success to your team.
To find these coaching courses follow these easy steps:
- login to your account at The Locker.
- Click ELEARNING along the top navigation bar.
- Select Multi-sport along the left navigation bar.
- Select your course.
- Enjoy becoming a stronger coach.
The ALA has taken the pledge and is now a proud champion of the Responsible Coaching Movement!
By making this pledge, the ALA is showing our commitment to implementing supportive policies and processes that ensure the safety and protection of our athletes and coaches, and provide our coaches with the tools and training necessary to model ethical behavior.
The Responsible Coaching Movement (RCM) is a multi-phase. system-wide movement coordinated by the Coaching Association of Canada and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport that has the potential to affect all sports organizations and coaches in a positive way.
The first phase of the RCM focuses on three key areas:
- Rule-of-Two: The Rule-of-Two serves to protect Minor athletes from potentially vulnerable situations by ensuring that more than one adult is present at all times. Vulnerable situations can include closed doors meetings, travel, and training environments.
- Background Screening: The background screening process involves using a number of different tools to ensure coaches meet the necessary security requirements to coach athletes. These tools include comprehensive job postings, criminal record checks, interviews, and reference checks.
- Respect and Ethics Training: Increasing coaches ethical conduct and behavior toward athletes requires that coaches be trained to understand what it means to act ethically. This training includes the Make Ethical Decisions module within the National Coaching Certification Program (CAC) but there are many.
With the support of the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC), the ALA will be actively reviewing current policies and procedures to ensure they align with the recommendations and guidelines of the RCM.
Working closely with our members and clubs, we will identify realistic ways and means to entrench the Responsible Coaching Movement across our sport and enhance the safety of our athletes and the ethical conduct of our coaches.
The Lacrosse Fits program is a great resource for coaches, parents, and teachers. The 7 module program is filled with excellent, easy to read drills for all levels.
Click on the link below to take advantage of this excellent resource...
Don't forget about the practice planning tools available through the NCCP web site. Log in with your password and you will have access to a season planner, practice plans, drill library and many more valuable resources. Please click the link to sign in and get started. www.nccp.lacrosse.ca